Stuffed ShellsSaturday, March 17th, 2012
We had some people over to help us finish the wedding cake, and we made stuffed shells to satisfy a few different food preferences.
Here’s my Stuffed Shells for Everyone recipe.
- Start by cooking jumbo shells al dente, steaming some broccoli, defrosting some frozen spinach, browning some ground turkey (season to preference), and coating the bottom of your pan with tomato sauce.
- In a mixing bowl, add some ricotta cheese and cut-up broccoli, then stuff a row of shells with the ricotta/broccoli mix (this is for our guest who doesn’t like spinach).
- Then add some spinach to the mixing bowl, a little more ricotta, and stuff another row of shells with the ricotta/broccoli/spinach mix (this is for our veg-friendly guest).
- Then, add the ground turkey and the rest of the ricotta to the mixing bowl, and stuff a row of shells on the opposite side with the biggest bits of ground-turkey (these are for your meat-lovers).
- Then stuff the rest of the shells with the rest of the mix, cover with another layer of tomato sauce, garnish with parmesan or mozzarella cheese, and bake for 45 minutes at 350.